Want a faster Tor? Upgrade, inform others

For those of you who are not subscribed to or-announce and/or have
friends who use Tor, the latest Tor stable should provide significant
performance/capacity increase once most clients upgrade. According to
my measurements with TorFlow, there should be roughly four times as
much capacity once the network rebalances.

In addition, many users should experience noticable improvement in
performance just based on the fact that we are choosing guards
in proportion to their bandwidth and expiring guards that were
selected with the buggy uniform algorithm.

Also, once the network is balanced, we can begin to investigate both
reliability scanning options and Johannes Renner can finish his
Master's Thesis on performance enhanced path selection. :)

http://archives.seul.org/or/announce/Aug-2007/msg00001.html

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist