Setting up private Tor network with the real one

Hi all,

I have my own private Tor network (with 3 directory servers and some Tor servers) running, and I wanted my Tor client to talk to both my directory servers and the real hard-coded directory servers.

Right now, my private Tor network is completely separate from the real Tor network. So, none of my directory servers or my Tor servers show up in any of the hard-coded directory servers. Although that will be much easier, I don't want my Tor servers to show up in the hard-coded directory servers.

I have my Tor client and want to be able to choose between both my Tor servers and the real Tor servers for building a circuit. However, since my 3 directory servers and the 3 (I chose moria1, moria2, and tor26) hard-coded directory servers don't agree on router descriptors (since the two networks are disjoint), I am never able to establish any circuit.

I tried to go through the source code to change the check so that even if one directory server says it has the router descriptor for a Tor server (call it A), and the other 5 don't have A, it will still use A as a node in the circuit. However, that didn't work, most likely because I didn't change the correct code or something else.

Any ideas about how to make this work will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric