Re: Filtering traffic from your node - for exit points

Dave Page <grimoire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 04:43:17PM -0700, Torified User wrote:

Bear in mind that there are juristictions where, as soon as you begin to
filter content, you become liable for all the false negatives.
Then again there are jurisdictions (EU) where we will have to start logging everything that originates from our servers. The whole point is that in this way we can at least try to limit the illegal stuff that passes through our nodes. We cannot stop all of it - that's clear to anyone who is able to walk upright, but we can at least make it a nuisance for the sickos out there to find an unfiltered exit node - and hope they get bored enough to leave and find a new playground.

If it is in common agreement that tor should not filter, then I'm afraid I'd prefer not to run tor at all :(

D.