RE: Exclude nodes from certain countries

>On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:29:16 -0700, Wesley Kenzie wrote:
>
> www.pickaproxy.com
>
> So your server can see all the traffic in cleartext before it enters Tor
network AND where the traffic is coming from. In
> other words users do not have any protection from your server.
>
> If you have not been approached by N$A/C1A/echel0n/etc yet, it will happen
sooner than you think.

> Do you realize that fairly soon you will have a choice of various
unpleasant consequences versus obediently logging
> everything that goes through your server and submitting the logs to proper
channels?

> That is, if you don't work there already >:(  Do you, Wesley? This smells
to me like a honeypot...

We are just responding to customer demand. Hundreds of our showmyip.com
users have asked for exactly this so we are working to make this
functionality available.  We will show users how to setup and use stunnel to
encrypt their connections to us.  But this is not intended to be only an
anonymous proxy service, but rather a geospoofing service that piggybacks on
some of Tor's functionality.  I am expecting that the most nefarious of Tor
users will avoid us, and personally I'll be glad of it.

. . .
Wesley