Re: I break the silence: My arrest

Greetings!

Because of the terrible threat to civil liberties that currently exists (on several levels) in the UK there are some interesting groups and working relationships that are beginning to establish themselves. These UK groups are also building connections within Europe. Perhaps there is some kind of scope here for Tor Operators who have created their own association, to form some kind of affiliation with other groups that are already actively involved in addressing issues not too disimiliar to those that have affected (and no doubt will continue to affect) Tor Operators. Of course, there would need to be a clear understanding of the goals/objectives of any such association of Tor Operators/Users.

The point I am trying to make here has already been made, that there should be some coordinated effort to promote and protect the legitimacy of Tor as a valid and important human rights tool. The shift of emphasis needs to be made, away from all of the negative implications of Tor and back onto the benefits that Tor has to offer. To my mind, this can only really be achieved through some kind of definite, structured, coordinated effort. I would be willing to play my part, here in the UK, where I can.

I've included a link to the Open Rights Group by way of example (not promotion per se), to illustrate the point (that has already been made) that many groups already exist with whom an association of Tor Operators/Users could affiliate. This could be done both on a local (National) level and then also in various world regions. EDRI, for example, incorporates the involvement of at least one member of the CCC.

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2007/09/03/digital-rights-go-continental/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDRI

http://www.edri.org/

Open Rights Group: