worsening performance

Hi,

almost exactly 48 hours ago traffic on my node changed from rather smooth
performance into 'saw blade'. (see attachment)

The time shown is gmt -2 (germany). Tor is continuing to fail to perform the
way it did before. At the time this is sent, a few hours later, there is no
change.

This is Tor v0.2.0.6-alpha configured as a directory mirror and middleman.
Not a very powerful one, but it does it's job.

Apparently, as I changed neither the configuration of the node nor the
machine, the reason for this must be somewhere else. Ideas what was happening?
What could I possibly do to regain former performance?

regards

Hans