Re: ExitPolicy questions

     I finally found time to follow this up a bit.
     On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:22:11 +0200 Juliusz Chroboczek
<Juliusz.Chroboczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 	2) "ExitPolicyRejectPrivate 1" rejects 127.0.0.0/8, among others.  Why
>> 	doesn't it then also reject 14.0.0.0/8, which is the alternate set of
>> 	"localhost" addresses?
>
>Huh?  According to http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space ,
>it's supposed to be used by X.25 PDNs:
>
>  014/8   Jun 91   IANA - Public Data Network

     After searching through old RFC's, I see that the address reallocation
occurred well before the 1991 date above.  I'm glad it happened, though I
obviously missed it.

>Please file a bug against your favourite IBM mainframe operating system.

     Probably a bit late now.  It was IBM's VM/XA, as I recall, and its
usage of 14.0.0.1 as localhost was probably begun before the address was
reallocated to a PDN.  I've been totally out of touch with VM/XA or VM/ESA
for more than a decade, but I'll assume for now that IBM changed its
localhost address to 127.0.0.1 long ago.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG