Re: No-mail mode for this list

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:43:41 -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> The answer is that you should mail me and I'll whitelist your
> address -- then you can post while not receiving mails.

Thanks Roger. I guess I was expecting to find an automated way of doing
this. With Mailman one can just send automated commands to the list-server,
in the body of the e-mail. E.g.

"set delivery off"

to put the list into no-mail mode.

I've gotten a list of commands that Majordomo@xxxxxxxx understands, and
it's surprisingly small. They're still running Majordomo 1.94.5. Apparently
"nomail" is a majordomo 2 command and is not supported with 1.94.5

So you have to add each user who wants no-mail/delivery-off mode to a
white-list manually, er? That sucks! Are those folks at seul.org planning
to upgrade majordomo 2 anytime soon?

> Actually, I did answer. Here are some hints:
>
>   Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:51:31 -0400
>   From: Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx>
>   To: "misc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <misc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>   Cc: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxx
>   Subject: Re: No-mail mode
>
> Does anybody know how I can contact misc@xxxxxxxxxxx? :)

Sorry, I've never seen your e-mail. My mailbox was total a mess. I set up
all types of filters and deleted a whole bunch of e-mails on the server
without downloading them. But I was keeping an eye on this thread in
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.tor.user

So I saw right away when your reply appeared there :)