Re: flash won't work with Tor enabled

sean darcy wrote:
I have firefox 3.0.1, tor button 1.2, tor-0.1.2.19-1.fc9.i386 ,
privoxy-3.0.8-2.fc9.i386

flash won't play with tor enabled. tor disabled it works fine.

For instance, http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Do I need some new setting?

Thanks for any help.

sean

Hello Sean,

I use flash player over TOR, I don't install Torbutton, its a little slow, but I do download larger files at peak, if available.

I use Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 browser.

With Firefox, QuickJava, NoScript and FlashBlock addons to control the various java's manually and with flashblock you get a to choose what to see on flash.

My Firefox network setting are (tools/options/advanced/network/settings),

manual proxy config...
http proxy: localhost at 8118
ssl proxy: localhost at 8118
socks host: localhost at 9050

socksv5

No proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1

My privoxy works on port 8118

Tor access port: 9050

At the same time my (soft & hard) firewalls block all direct internet access for both my Firefox browser and any apps runninh in firefox. So Firefox and flash has no exit other than via TOR. I can see the flash traffic in Vidalia's bandwidth graph.

For direct internet access I use another browser entirely.

Hope that helps.

-K-