Re: Tor on Nokia Internet Tablet?

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've about ~768kbit/s upstream and an un-used Nokia770 internet
> tablet, with an ARM9 clocked at 250mhz.
> Do you think it would make sence running a TOR relay on it, and do you
> think the ARM would be able to keep up even with this low bandwith.
> Some performance tests suggested its about as fast as a Pentium-90.
>
> Thank you in advance, lg Clemens

Hi!

Recently I was given a Nokia 770 by a Nokia Researcher/Developer in
Manaus. Specifically, I have some plans to (in the next month - unless
something more pressing comes up) make official Tor packages for the 770.

I doubt that it would make a useful Tor relay but the 770 does come with
software that will use proxies. Specifically, pidgin (the IM client)
appears able to use a SOCKS5 proxy.

I'll make some packages in the near future and then let people know
where to download them...

Best,
Jacob