Re: invitation to directory server operators

     I just checked the tortatus page, and it now lists 31 hidden service
directory servers or 2.55% of all currently listed tor servers!  That's
more than double the number listed at the time I first posted a call for
additional participation as HSDir-enabled directory servers.  We still
need another 80 - 90 HSDir servers to hit the target I [rather arbitrarily]
suggested the other night, but we are definitely off to a good start.
     A note to Karsten Loesing:  what to do you think about the response
so far?  Is it enough yet to get you to call off your dogs for a while
on that proposal until we see how many more directory server operators
will volunteer to offer hidden service directory services?  We are already
well above the six-server danger zone.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG