Re: Vidalia exit-country and Hulu

Some time ago (2008) I read about a Canadian who used Tor to view Hulu.

I tried it from outside the US, and it worked, but the speed was too slow for me to use it regularly. Today, a clip from Hulu was highly recommended by the New York Times, so I tried again: Hulu now tries to block all attempts to connect via Tor. I tried two US exits, and both were blocked.

Of course, the idea of Tor is NOT to allow people to watch high bandwidth commercial videos restricted to US audiences, but to allow people who need privacy to obtain it.

Still, it was nice to be able to use tor to access Hulu while it lasted.

Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.