Re: minimal traffic footprint Tor on the road

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 03:17:19PM +0200, Jan Reister wrote:
> > I've gotten used to connecting to my middleman node on the home LAN
> > so that I don't even know what's the current proper way to run
> > a tor/browser bundle or a browsing appliance on Ubuntu on a netbook
> > (Atom N270) on the road.
> >
> > Which packages to you people use for that? Why?
>
> For Ubuntu:
>
> Setup the ubuntu Tor repository: http://torproject.org/docs/debian.html
> Install Privoxy, or Polipo, and configure it.

Why the switch to Polipo from Privoxy? Is Privoxy officially
deprecated now?

> Install Torbutton.
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-unix.html.en

There are no tor/browser appliances for Ubuntu out yet, right?
I'm thinking about packaging Tor/Polipo into a VServer guest,
for extra control and security.

Anyone knows how badly Atom N270 virtualizes? I should probably
take that to a different list.

If I don't configure a relay, I will be low-traffic, correct?