Re: How to Run High Capacity Tor Relays

Also, afaik, zero people in the wild are actively running Tor with any
crypto accelerator. May be a very painful process... I'm not really
interested in documenting it unless its proven to scale by actual use.
I want this document to end up with tested and reproduced results
only. You know, Science. Not computerscience ;)

There was a _very_ interesting, long and detailed discussion of this about 1 year ago on this list.

I really do think some subset of that discussion should be included in your "lore", at the very least the parts pertaining to the built-in crypto acceleration included in recent sparc CPUs, which appear to be the only non-painful way to make this work.

My impression was that a significant boost could be had by accelerating openssl using this on-chip features...