Re: connect Vidalia to a running tor instance

On 09/12/2010 03:57 PM, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
is it possible to connect/"attach" Vidalia to a tor process that gets
started by an init script and is running as user A, while Vidalia is
running as user B?

Yes. You need to configure your Tor to open a ControlPort and set
a password, then feed that password to Vidalia. See the manual
for how to configure your Tor and how to generate the password
hash.

That is what I did
..and tor is listening on 9051 but I don't now how to tell Vidalia that it should connect after feeding the passwort in the Vidalia Advanced Settings Tab.

Then I thought the settings in that tab (advanced) are used to configure tor not to connect to tor.