Re: [tor-talk] TB-1.4.2

On 9/9/2011 7:20 AM, Greg Kalitnikoff wrote:
Is there a way to not to close Vidalia and Tor itself with browser
exit? Or open TB`s Firefox separately fully functional, with "New
identity" option? When I need to restart FF or when it crashes, it is
very inconvenient to start all cycle again: Vidalia-Tor
connect-Browser. I realize that it is the only reason for me right now
wny I run Firefox separately (though that one which TB contains).
Hi, I don't believe so. I asked the same thing a few wks ago, because of running other apps thru Tor, when didn't necessarily want / need TBB open. Or, if TBB hangs / crashes, & don't want to lose Tor connection on the other app(s).

Answer I was given - Tor/ Vidalia & TBB can be installed on same machine, because TBB runs out of it's own folder (or off a USB drive) & uses separate Firefox profile. Running both at SAME time could be a problem (don't remember that part of answer), but haven't tried it out yet.

I've slept since then, & forgot exactly what one of the gurus said - ** if TBB & Tor - Vidalia bundle could be RUN at same time (perhaps w/ some mods)? ** I'd appreciate a refresher on that.:)