Re: [tor-talk] using TOR without any browser

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 03:28:30PM +0000, kamyar beigi wrote:
> I need to anonymise (or even encrypt) every packet i send from my Linux Eth
> card for running any commands from Command Prompt (Terminal in Linux) for
> example: ping, telnet,nmap, wget, maltego, traceroute, etc. i want to hide
> my source IP (public one).

Have a look at how Tails proceed then, using its firewall to redirect tcp
traffic through Tor's transparent proxy support.

You can find some informations and links in its design document:

http://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/

in section 3.6 you'll find some config snippets.

Also take care that if your OS support IPv6, it might leaks traffic
this way.

bert.