Re: [tor-talk] hidden services and stream isolation

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM, adrelanos <adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How comes stream isolation into play with hidden services, if at all?
> Please provide some information.

I hope it works!  If somebody wants to test it, that would be much appreciated.

> Is it possible to stream isolate (multiple) hidden services from each
> other and/or from other client traffic?

Hidden services are already isolated from each other, and from non-hs
client traffic.  The only additional feature for stream isolation to
provide would be isolating some streams sent to a hidden service from
another -- for example, so that if you have SocksPort 9050 and
SocksPort 9051 defined, any streams to a given HS over port 9050 will
be sent on a different circuit than streams over 9051.

I believe that works, though there could well be efficiency issues there.

--
Nick