Re: [tor-talk] scaling .onion site?

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 05:57:42 +0000, warms0x wrote:
> There's a couple of problems with this approach:
>
>  * HAProxy doesn't know how, nor do I think nginx would know how to
> resolve and send traffic to a .onion domain

It might be possible to run HAProxy/nginx under torsocks or similar,
but...

>  * The amount of time required to negotiate an HTTP request being proxied
> from A.onion -> B.onion and then sending a request from B.onion ->
> A.onion -> Client would very likely brush up against HTTP timeouts (120s)

...that is indeed more of a problem. But you could use the ssh port forwarding
you mentioned through a hidden service to still hide tracks but avoid the
additinal connection setup times. (Still, this wouldn't exactly be fast.)

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>