Re: [tor-talk] SocksPort: Circuit isolation is not Exit isolation

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The typical use case is wanting to use multiple accounts on the
> same site at once, with a guarantee that you're not appearing to
> be from the same exit and thus are not as easily linked.

This doesn't make sense to me.  If you've got two requests open from
the same exit to the same site, using different accounts, then all the
site can tell is that two Tor users (or maybe one) are connecting to
it.  That's also the same conclusion it could reach if the two
requests were coming from the same exit

Now, the site might have rules that say "no IP can have two sessions
open at once!"  But if that's what the site says, they probably don't
*want* you using two accounts at the same time.

Is there a better use case here?
--
Nick