[tor-talk] One answer to the bittorrent problem . . .?

Since creating your own bittorrent client would put too much strain
on
the Tor network, 1 answer to the bittorrent problem would be for
Tor
project to simply create a communicator software that
communicates with some
popular open source bittorrent client, but
handles all the communication with
the actual PC, and then inputs
only the necessary, possibly misleading
information to the
bittorrent client.

If this communicator software is
installed with every Tor package,
every computer that volunteers as a routing
point for the Tor
network would receive the bittorrent data information, and
then the
communicator software at each routing point could simply change
the
identifying information it receives, and then send out that
altered
information. When the data is changed by and leaves the
third/final
routing point, it will get a response, and then change it back
what it received from the previous computer who then changes it
back to
what it received from the first who then changes it back to
what was
communicated from the original machine by your
communicator software so that
the changing credentials don't cause
confusion. The communicator software
would take in the information
it receives, and then correct it as necessary
and give it to the
actual bittorrent client who will then send out more
communication
routed through your communicator software. I only say use an
open
source bittorrent client because you have access to the source
code,
and can create your communicator software to work seamlessly
with it. Not to
mention you must have some open-source hobbyist
friends who would like to get
their open-source bittorrent client
more known. In fact, you could take that
open-source bittorrent
client and even reprogram it a bit to work better with
privacy
needs, and simply package it along with the Tor bundle
and
communicator software.

I'm not sure how feasible this idea is, but
it seems with an open-
source bittorrent client, it shouldn't be too
difficult to create a
software to include with the Tor package that will
facilitate the
ability to render those 3 attacks to find personal information
from
torrents useless because the information that would be gotten
from
them would only be whatever the communicator software changed it
too
before transmitting.

In short,
You say the Bittorrent client actually packages the
original ip address right up
with the data communications? Well, if the
communicator software
didn't give it the proper information to actually do
that, it would
package the wrong number, or nothing. Since all
communication
outside of the computer is handled through the Tor
communicator
software instead of the bittorrent client, the
communicator
software would be able to dictate exactly what gets sent. And
with
3+ other computers randomly all over the globe changing
that
information each time it passed through their point, by the time
it
was intercepted, nothing useful would be gotten from it.
That
Communicator software could at each point facilitate
the
change.

I hope I got my ideas across thoroughly enough. If you
have time,
please respond to let me know if you think this an idea
worth
looking into. I'm no programmer, so I wouldn't be able to help
you
in that respect, but I can brain storm dagnabit!