Re: [tor-talk] Tor censored, but VPNs not?

On 9/5/13, adrelanos <adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If yes, is it advisable in such cases to use a VPN for easy circumvention?

I think I've seen fingerprint checks in tor bootstrap for
the dirauths and so on down the chain. So I don't see a
problem binding the local tor client to a vpn interface
address... if you get vpn mitm'd tor would likely complain
or break. Verify the tor package gpg sigs, gpg package gpg
sigs, os sigs, etc against similar subterfuge.