Re: [tor-talk] Tor companies

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 01:14:17PM -0700, coderman wrote:
> in addition "The Tor Project, Inc." there appears to be related:
>
> "Tor Solutions Corporation" - Tor Solutions Corporation in Walpole, MA
> is a private company categorized under Website Design Services. Our
> records show it was established in and incorporated in Massachusetts.
>
> and
>
> "Tor Solutions Group" - unknown.
>
> what are these entities used for?

We created TSC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tor Project Inc, because BBG
changed its proposal process so only small businesses could apply, since
they wanted to keep the Lockheed Martins of the world from submitting
enormous wasteful proposals. Turns out that 501c3 non-profits, by
definition, are not small businesses -- a business must be for-profit
or it is not small. (Yes, I know, you can thank our fine government for
these definitions.) Fortunately, the definitions are such that we can
own a small business and it still gets to count as small.

I don't think there's any such thing as the Tor Solutions Group.

--Roger