Re: [tor-talk] development interests

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 08:24:40PM -0400, David Green wrote:
> I have -- for my own reasons -- stopped advancing my OS X machine's OS at
> Tiger.  I enjoy working with it and doing my small-time programming.  I
> have been exposed to 'tor' in the recent past and would really like to use
> it on my version of OS X.
>
> To that end, I would like to offer my efforts in attempting to fix tor or
> openssl or whatever is blocking tor from working on Tiger.
Wow -- you have chosen an operating system that last got security updates
in 2007. Adventure.
Tor should build there (Tor should build everywhere).
However, I expect you're going to have a tough time getting a modern
Firefox working, and without that you're not going to have any good
protections from application-level privacy issues:
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

--------------------
(Hmm, I suspect I shall have to change my mailing format, as responding
'in-list' format is not to convenient.)

Right, as for tor and me, at the moment;  It does build but seems to
seg-fault in ssl.  I am using Macports.  I am not very familiar with the
appropriate tools (cc, ld, etc or whatever) yet, but should pick it all up
quickly.

I am interested in doing what I said and will very much need pointers to
'catchup' and understand the tech., uses, etc.

As an aside, besides some unknown specifics re. security, what could
possibly be in a new version of OS X -- or any OS?

David