Re: [tor-talk] development interests

"exploits all the time" -- I am not convinced, for me, it happens...
 certainly less so for a less used OS, or version of.  Obviously if one is
having trouble with some exploit, that would be something to deal/worry
about, but I have never had any issues with OS X generally (and probably
Linux/BSD).  So chasing the bleeding edge of a system/OS could be just that
-- painful.  This is also discounting any other social control mechanism(s)
one could fall prey too.

'Old' -- what does age, necessarily, have to do with any, relatively,
modern OS -- such as almost any historical version of OS X (again: or a
Linux/BSD)?  Surely there is a business reason for notching up version
numbers -- dare I say 'money'?

I admit, there is no doubt some things un-addressed, but they can often be
associated with the negative sides of 'progress' -- certainly a valid
perspective.  I automatically took any security patches from, say, Apple,
but they have dried up now.  This is not a sign of 'danger' or being
antiquated, it just is a sign of not having Apple's focus -- as they, of
course, are more concerned about selling new hardware.  Also, many later
patches are mainly to do with countering 'holes', inadvertently, added to
an already working and functional system -- again, the painful, money
oriented progress of modernity.

Going onto the Internet with a loaded gun, I feel, is a huge, paranoid
exaggeration.

My two cents ;)   I am happy with any (in theory) OS, which does what I
need/require.

Mr Green (with no suffixes)