Re: [tor-talk] BBC Horizon: Inside the Dark Web

Tim Retout wrote:
I'm still watching it, but it seems relatively balanced, and features
interviews with Bruce Schneier, Jacob Applebaum, Julian Assange, Tim
Berners-Lee and so on.

(And Horizon had average viewing figures of around 1.7 million people
in 2013, according to the internet, so that means many UK people
getting better informed about Tor.)

Thanks for the heads-up =) I was quite surprised at how good it was. They didn't take the obvious tact of "anonymity is bad" etc, and they had a pretty wide variety of experts giving interviews. The overall tone of the music and design was *incredibly* ominous though. But they managed to make ICANN updates look exciting, which takes some serious work haha.

It's on youtube for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTjNkbLBEqg

best,
Griffin

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved