Re: [tor-talk] TBB 3.6.5 not on download site?

>> Joe Btfsplk:
>>> Tor Weekly News, September 3rd, 2014 - mentions Tor Browser 3.6.5
>>> and 4.0-alpha-2 are out.
>>>
>>> But the download site
>>> https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html has only
>>> 3.6.4. & 4.0-alpha-1.

> harmony:
>> This has happened more than once and I don't really know what to do
>> about it. If the Tor Browser team object to Tor Weekly News
>> announcing things, I have no problem with not doing so. On the other
>> hand, the software is available in the /dist directory (I'm using it
>> now!), so it has âbeen releasedâ.

Mike Perry:
> In the future, if you'd like to avoid this possibility, probably the
> safest thing to do is simply report on the Tor Browser release the
> week after.

A quick suggestion for the future:

"TBB x.x.x is due out in a day or two. Your current installed version
will let you know when an update is available, or you can keep an eye on
the blog or download page for the official announcement."
--
kat