Re: [tor-talk] What should our 31c3 talk be?

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 10:31:20AM -0400, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On 09/08/2014 08:05 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > The 31c3 talk proposals are due this coming Sunday:
> > http://events.ccc.de/2014/07/12/31c3-call-for-participation-en/
> >
> > I wonder what would be the most useful topic for this year?
>
> Let the community speak about Tor and tell their stories about usage.
> Let the Syrian woman who used Tor get on stage and tell her story,
> augmented by technical details of what we've seen in Syria. I think this
> is a far better use of an hour at 31C3 than another technical talk about
> Tor.

I really like this idea. But I'm not in a good position to pull it
together -- I make a habit of not remembering the contact details for
the people who would be best for this.

Also, we have to get the right people, with a bit of vetting or practice
or something, else they will freeze up in front of 6000 people and then
things don't go as planned.

So I'm afraid my answer is "yes, somebody should do this", which is
usually equivalent to not answering at all. :/

Maybe somebody has a plan for moving it forward?

--Roger