[tor-talk] Fwd: [guardian-dev] Orbot v14.0.8.1 (now with Tor 0.2.5.x)

Thanks for all the hard work, "little t" Tor devs. We are really
excited about moving to 0.2.5.x for Orbot.

- -------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [guardian-dev] Orbot v14.0.8.1 (now with Tor 0.2.5.x)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:45:05 -0400
From: Nathan of Guardian <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: guardian-dev <guardian-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Pushed to Google Play, should be on FDroid.org, and any moment now on
the GP Fdroid repos...

APK: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v14.0.8.1.apk
GPG SIG: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v14.0.8.1.apk.asc
TAG: https://gitweb.torproject.org/orbot.git/tag/refs/tags/14.0.8.1
CHANGELOG: https://gitweb.torproject.org/orbot.git/blob/HEAD:/CHANGELOG

Highlights from the release:

* Update to Tor 0.2.5.7-RC:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-0257-rc-out which has some fixes
for the "airplane mode" feature we use to save battery life. This also
means we can now support the Scramblesuit obfuscated transport, which
required 0.2.5.x.

* Multiple fixes for transparent proxying, including a bug (not all
shell commands were being executed), a performance win (root shell is
shared across all setup/teardown commands which speeds things up and
makes it less memory intensive), and anti-leak improvement feature
(all DNS is transproxied in app-by-app mode since DNS is sometimes
resolved from a central service, and not the app)

Thanks, and Happy Monday!

+n
        Or visit:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/options/guardian-dev/nathan%40guardianproject.info