Re: [tor-talk] Misogyny on tor-talk is an existential threat to Tor

As some of the list knows, my introduction to Tor was while working on a peer counseling project that primarily served women. Even now, the *vast* majority of people that I teach about online privacy and security are women in very high-risk situations -- frequently involving stalking, domestic violence, and serious medical issues. This is the case for lots of people who work with Tor. Karen, Kelley, and Andrew all work directly with survivors of domestic violence to help them stay safe. I wouldn't be able to help the types of people that I help if Tor were not so usable.

Most people on tor-talk don't necessarily care to hear about these topics (or do they?) but we're all out there fighting the good fight. Our work just isn't salacious enough to merit a poorly-written gossip column.

~ Griffin

--
"Hackers are not rockstars. You know who are rockstars? ROCKSTARS."
~Dan Kaminsky