Re: [tor-talk] Tor relay on home computer

On 09/16/2014 06:20 PM, I wrote:
> The RISK OF COPYRIGHT THREATS is specifically greatest
> in USA. Other nations should be assessed individually.
> Fearmongering is not productive.

I call it DMCA spam. Spam sent by a botnet: They scrape IPs from torrent
trackers and send out unsolicited email. Their reply-to address is a
blackhole. Even after you explain why you're legally not responsible for
Tor traffic, they keep sending those emails. I don't see any legal
responsibility to react to every single one of them after a couple. Some
of our larger ISPs tried to approach them as well, and then as final
step blackholed the spam.

The legal situation is pretty much the same in all Western countries.
--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/