Re: [tor-talk] more sites requiring captchas from Cloudfare (using Google API?)

grarpamp:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think pushback
> > from actual CloudFlare customers will carry far more weight
>
> Via Tor, I tried to buy some stuff (Stuff) through a shop (Newegg)
> that clears its transactions (Bitcoin) through a processor (Bitpay)
> with which it contracts. Said processor contracts with a website
> protector (Cloudflare). I entered the correct captcha (my
> undistinguishable rate over this was about 50%) to each
> captcha Cloudflare presented via the Newegg Bitpay embed. After
> about 20 tries including some complete new sessions and newnyms
> and wasting two hours of my time never once passing and being given
> the BTC address to pay, I gave up and went to my local retailer.
>
> Insofar as we are their customers (our purchases are the
> source of funds for Cloudflare through this contractual chain), they
> lost a sale. Is that due to Tor? I cannot say. But I can say it's dumb.

Thank you grarpamp, this is *exaclty* the type of case we need -- where
a CloudFlare customer that should probably be Tor friendly was impacted,
and best of all, lost money as a result. I could not ask for a better
case.

Except, I will ask for more of them :).

Was anyone else blocked from any other sites that should probably care
about Tor users not being able to reach them reliably? I am writing all
of these down. Here's my list so far:

http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/08/encryption-keys-and-surveillance-2/
http://citizenfourfilm.com/
https://www.IETF.org