Re: [tor-talk] Putin to isolate Russiaâs internet?

On 9/20/14, ÐÑÑÑÑ ÐÑÑÐÐÐÐ <art.istom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:33:57PM +0100, Nick Sheppard wrote:
>> Interesting Guardian article today: Putin considers plan to unplug Russia
>> from the internet 'in an emergency'.
>>
>> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/19/vladimir-putin-plan-unplug-russia-internet-emergency-kremlin-moscow
>
> Yes, I'm tired of explaining to all my relatives and friends that the
> internet is the last thing they think about in the case of such
> 'emergency'.
>
> And yes, my much loved parents now have another argument against "the
> bloody regime of Putin".

Because, of course, other regimes would never consider such
a thing <blinks>:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_kill_switch
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/homeland-security-must-disclose-internet-kill-swit/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20007418-38.html

Russia Today response:
http://www.rt.com/news/188960-internet-blackout-russia-counter/

--
Banned for life from Debian, for suggesting Debian's CoC
is being swung in our faces a little too vigorously.