Re: [tor-talk] Need someone to provide me with info on TOR

Hello D M,

It is important to keep in mind that Tor is not a "product" - its a labor
of love created by a large group of talented people who do their best. It
isn't a turnkey solution; you don't install it, double click an icon, and
now you've regained your online privacy. It is a tool that can, when
understood and used with care, can help you evade surveillance.

But it is less of a simple tool, like a hammer, and more of a power tool,
like a jigsaw. It isn't obvious how to use it properly. If used improperly,
not only will it fail to solve your problem, you'll be worse off than you
were before. Be very careful in your research before deciding Tor is a good
idea for your situation.

And yes, it is pretty slow.

Sincerely,
Max