Re: [tor-talk] Exit still not showing in atlas

On 03/09/16 20:16, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> On 9/3/2016 1:12 PM, Karsten Loesing wrote:

>>> Hmm...very odd. Like I said, it appears to be routing traffic
>>> so I'd assume /somebody/ on the network has to know about it.
>>> Weird!
>
>>> The fingerprint is E673CDB2C5B8B7D429B9A873871FC4F765320E10
>
>> There's a relay with that fingerprint, it's just not called
>> "sputnik1":
>
>> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/E673CDB2C5B8B7D429B9A873871FC4F765320E10
>

> Oh!
>
> Interesting. That's weird. I named it in the torrc file. I'll go
> check some stuff out. If the torrc file doesn't work, would it
> break anything if I just changed the name in the
> /var/lib/tor/fingerprint file?

That file only gets written but never read by tor, AFAIK.  You'll have
to change it in the torrc file and restart your tor process (or send
it a HUP signal).  Maybe you edited the wrong torrc file?  You could
try to move it away and see if your tor still starts.

All the best,
Karsten