Re: [tor-talk] getting Tor to be default browser

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 13:38, No Spam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as i know this would be a bad idea, but i can't exactly cite the
> reasons from my head;

While there may be cases where it's a bad idea, I'd prefer that Tor warn
me and let me shoot myself in the foot -- I run TBB in a VM, so the
attack surface is minimal, and I have no particular need for anonymity,
rather, I just want privacy when I'm on someone else's last-mile, so for
me, many of the risks that Tor helps to prevent aren't relevant.

I also feel that adding legitimate traffic to Tor is a net positive to
the network (since capacity is not currently an issue), if only to
prevent the perception that all of Tor is evil bad people doing evil bad
things.