Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

On 9/25/2016 12:15 AM, Jeremy Rand wrote:
hikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
You can't use Google Translate at all with most Tor exit nodes, while there are no sane reaons why they would block Tor users from just translating text.
Interesting.  I don't use Google Translate very often (maybe 2-3 times
per month), but I can't remember ever being blocked from it due to
coming from a Tor exit.  I wonder why your experience differs from mine.

Don't know for sure. Part may depend on NoScript / java script settings or other addons? "No sane reason why they would block Tor," except they want to make money. The less personal data or real IPa's they get, the less money. Also, I've seen various sites *seem* to block exit relays from certain countries.

I say "seem to" because if I switched exits to different countries, sometimes it works. Not always. More often, it's a matter of allowing the right trackers / scripts. Google almost always wants or needs a lot of scripts enabled for content to work. Admittedly, sometimes the content or service Google provides is useful. But more ways to gather extra data is icing on the cake for them. After all, they're primarily in business to gather data, deliver ads & who knows what else.