[PPlay] Crystal Space

Hi Adrian,

[...]
AR> "Have a look at such and such an API".  Such things are good and
[...]
AR> these things.  We should keep a list.  I'll start.  Some  of the things

AR> Crystal Space	            http://www.grimmware.com/CrystalSpace/

I also had a look at it, and well, it looks like our layer O 3d system and
the environment engine combined ;)

And they also plan to include other gaming topics such as sound and
networking. Sounds very familiar to our goals (though not quite as
concrete). It would be a true waste of knowledge/time/manpower/... to
leave these two projects seperate.

I subscribed to their mailing list and started talking with them about joining
forces. It seems however as if my last mail was lost - I got no reply for
two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

AR> GGI                         http://synergy.caltech.edu/~ggi/

BTW: I assume you (as our gfx boss ;) will keep in touch with these guys,
Adrian?

AR> Allegro

There is a DOS port of CrystalSpace using Allegro. If we really want to
support DOS this could be an alternative until GGI is also portet to it.

Cu
        Christian

Christian Reiniger (Germany)
e-mail: warewolf@chris2.mayn.de