Re: PPlay Release

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
>Well, it's mainly two points. First, I know it permits linking of LGPL'd
>code to proprietary code - but after reading through it I can't tell you
>*where* it says this. And secondly it only barely allows it, i.e. when
>linking a LGPL'd library to proprietary code you have to be very careful to
>not suddenly violate the LGPL.

If there is nothing that explicitely forbids use of LGPL code in
commercial apps that should be fine, I think? Lets stop this silly
discussion right here and do something constructive. I think there should
be something that can be used before people start discussing how it should
be used. Right now, there very few things that can be used in core PP. I'm
starting to feel quite unwelcome here, so maybe I should drop out of
PP entirely? Less fights that way.

Of course, these are all MHO.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream