Re: PPlay Release

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>I'll fetch Zombie from CVS this night and have a quick look at it. If you
>make a list of what you want to do with autoconf I can perhaps help a bit.

Hmm, that can be quite a lot, but seriously there are a few items:

- availability of STL
- availability of pthreads
- availability of Qt (one sample)
- availability of KDE (one semple)
- GNU regexp:s
- if compiler handles templates properly (gcc 2.7.X doesn't)
- some apps for the documentation (DocBook, Doxygen, LaTeX)
- directory for start/stop script
- directory for logs
- directory for docs

The other directories can be set with --foodir. How can custom options be
set with autoconf, i.e. how can I specify with commandline arguments where
for instance KDE is? Such as:

	./configure --kdeinclude=/foo --kdelib=bar --logdir=/baz

My hackectyhack for a configure.in does detect most of the above, but
doesn't propagate the stuff out to Makefile:s yet. That shoul however be a
really minor thing to do.

Any help would be really appreciated!

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream