Re: PPlay Release

Jan Ekholm wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:
>
>>I'll fetch Zombie from CVS this night and have a quick look at it. If you
>>make a list of what you want to do with autoconf I can perhaps help a bit.
>
>Hmm, that can be quite a lot, but seriously there are a few items:
>
>- availability of STL
>- availability of pthreads
>- availability of Qt (one sample)
>- availability of KDE (one semple)
>- GNU regexp:s

Perhaps with AC_CHECK_HEADER. Or AC_TRY_CPP
Or simple test programs called with AC_TRY_LINK.

>- if compiler handles templates properly (gcc 2.7.X doesn't)

Test code with AC_TRY_COMPILE
BTW: egcs 1.1.x still has problems with template functions

>- some apps for the documentation (DocBook, Doxygen, LaTeX)

I'd say AC_CHECK_PROG or AC_CHECK_TOOL

>- directory for start/stop script

Needs some shell scripting IMHO

>- directory for logs

should be /var/log/zombie pretty everywhere

>- directory for docs

$(prefix)/docs ?

>The other directories can be set with --foodir. How can custom options be
>set with autoconf, i.e. how can I specify with commandline arguments where
>for instance KDE is? Such as:
>
>	./configure --kdeinclude=/foo --kdelib=bar --logdir=/baz

usually directories are given via the "--with-" options
(--with-kdeinclude=/foo). The AC_ARG_WITH macro is for this.

>My hackectyhack for a configure.in does detect most of the above, but
>doesn't propagate the stuff out to Makefile:s yet. That shoul however be a
>really minor thing to do.

AC_OUTPUT

>Any help would be really appreciated!

Did you have a look at the PPlay autroconf setup? IMHO it's quite
understandable.

	Christian