Re: PPlay Release

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
>>- is '--sysconfdir' normally what we think of as '/etc'?
>
>Think so.
>
>>- should the rc-script be installer in --sysconfdir (if it's /etc), should
>
>$(sysconfdir)/zombie/ should be fine. Perhaps some --with-rcdir option to
>override it.

No. In this case I don't agree. Rc-scripts _should_ on a RedHat box be put
in /etc/rc.d/init.d/, while on a Debian the path is slightly different.
All packages should obey this rule, I think. I'll keep my small scripts
that try to detect which one is used and stick with that. The config-file
will however obey --sysconfdir. But, if the config-file is stuffed in some
location where even the non-existent God doesn't find it, it's up to the
user to make sure the Zombie daemon is started with the switch
'-c /path/to/config-file'.

So be it.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream