Re: Weekly IRC meetings

Ian Crawford wrote:

>I would like to announce the weekly game development IRC meetings on the
>linuxgames@sunsite.auc.dk mailing list.  Everyone on the list is
>interested in Linux Game Development and I'm sure a handful of them would
>attend the meetings.

Why not? The IRC meetings are for all people involved in Linux/FreeBSD (we
should not stick to Linux here) game development.

>Also, I've been in contact with Marvin Malkowski Jr., the maintainer of
>http://www.linuxgames.com/ .  He's interested in all things related to
>Linux gaming and he and I have been talking about working together on the
>Linux game development site.  I think it would be appropriate to invite
>him, too.

<skimming the address lists> The LinuxGames Team is already notified ;=)
I sent the summary/notify message to one person per project and Marvin is
the one I happened to choose for LinuxGames ;)

Here Is the list I used for mailing around:

-------------------------
PenguinPlay
        PenguinPlay <penguinplay@sunsite.auc.dk>

Linux Game Tome
	Tessa Lau <tlau@cs.washington.edu>

CrystalSpace
	Jorrit is on PPlay list

SDL
	slouken is on PPlay list

Linux Game Development Page
	Ian is on PPlay list

Linux Game Developers Webring
	Ephren Taylor <mack-10@kc.net>

MGL
	Stephane?

Linux Game Programming Megasite
	Same Person as Webring

LinuxGames
	Marvin Malkowski Jr <raven@linuxgames.com>

ClanLib
	Martin Starch Soerensen <mbn@dark.x.dtu.dk>

Linux Game Development HowTo
	Thomas Rolfes <tr@funny.demon.co.uk>

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
	Jaroslav Kysela <perex@jcu.cz>

GAMES - GNU Animation Multimedia Entertainment System
	Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>

3dfx HowTo
	Bernd Kreimeier <bk@gamers.org>

Daryll Strauss' Linux 3D Homepage
	Daryll Strauss <daryll@harlot.rb.ca.us>

Mesa
	Brian Paul <brianp@elastic.avid.com>

Linux Glide HowTo
        Bob Zimbinski <bobz@mr.net>

GGI
        Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>

GSI
        Wouter Scholten <wouters@cistron.nl>

DUMB
        Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@stekt.oulu.fi>

BTW: Garrett - the URLs of all these projects are somewhere in the IRC
summary and previous mails. Could you update our links page with them?
(We should also add this "Linux Game Development Webring" button
somewhere...

Cu
	Christian