Re: Overview Doc.

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Well, at least I can read them without my glasses now ;)
Hmm, well I just have netscape up at 18 point.  I'll probably
fix it this afternoon.   Tuesday is my CVS day.  Don't ask me
why, it is due to my complicated ISP situation (I didn't really
switch you see, I just got an extra one which I use for CVS).

> And non-Intel platforms (Alpha, PPC, Mips, Deep Blue ;)
Ooops.  I should have picked that up.

> better: is only at concept state yet. "does not really exist" is misleading
> IMHO
Agreed.  That was just me being overly playful with my langauge.

> (1) AFAIK the official GGI homepage is www.ggi-project.org
Thanks. I keep on trying www.ggi.org and I get their nice "new page
comming soon page".

> (2) Someone on the GGI list stated that GII&Co are now seperate projects
> (i.e. don't really belong anymore to GGI)
Hmm.  What exactly is meant by this, and does it matter to our audience.

> (1) "similar in functionality to" is perhaps misleading (IMHO)
What exactly would you prefer.

> (2) I definitely want to have the iostream like interface
I'd agree with you wholehartedly except for one thing.  If we are going
to have an stdio interface _anyway_, the additional iostream interface
is just sugar, we may not want to bloat PPlay with two interfaces which
are functinally equivalent.

> (3) Update: I started coding at the PakFile compiler. It's mainly testing
> several approaches now, but, well, it's a start
Good.

> Drink wet cement. Get stoned.
Shall we start an acadamy for creative drug taking?

Bye.