Re: Layered architecture - wrong direction !!!

OK, the direction of the message I am replying to seems very valid and
important.
HOWEVER, I failed to understand what was said in a useful way (i.e I know you
are
looking for an object oriented approact, but I don't really know what you want
us
to change).

So this reply is a call for clarification.

Alexander Maryanchick wrote:

> I am a windows system developer, therefore my opinion is not very competent.

We'll see.

> But there is MORE powerful multimedia architecture -
>
> the object architecture of BeOS.
>
> I suggest to implement a BeOS-like SDK.

OK.  I am for one am unfamiliar with BeOS.  Could you give a basic explanation
of thearcitecture for us?

> Total Annihilation has more powerful graphic engine for 2.5 strategies.
>
> But this engine even theoretically can not be used as dynamic library for,
>
> say, warcraft
>
> because of plain or layered architecture of these games.

So evidently you are not talking about a lowish level "export some drawing
primitves"type 2d engine, you seem to be talking about a kit that is closer to
the application,
more games oriented.  What kinds of functionality are you talking about, and
how would
you like to see it done?