Re: Future direction of PenguinPlay

I am opposed to the idea of wrapping existing
APIs with our own API.

It's just substituting one known, tested, working
API with a fledgeling API.

If you don't like the API presented by e.g. MikMod,
Mesa/OpenGL, ClanLib or whatever, improve the API - don't
wrap it.  That said, I don't know of anyone who is
less than happy with the existing APIs for most of
these components.

I think that portability is mostly a red herring in this
case.  Again, most of these components are highly portable
already, and if they are not then fix the component rather
than clumsily retargetting the API (which rarely works well).

--Adam