Re: new logo changesplus

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:
>> Peter, Bjarke, What do you think about adopting #3 from the newest series
>> as the new Logo?
>>
>Well, I somehow don't like the fact the most of the top-portion of the
>main PPlay header is Win32-related... And it's really obvious too:
>
>#ifdef _MSC_VER
>#pragma once
>#pragma warning ...
>#endif
>
>#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(WIN32)
>#include <.../Win32.h>
>#endif
>
>I feel like nit-picking, but, this is our _logo_. I mean, having
>Win32-stuff all over on the logo sends a message... On the other hand,

I guess you're right. What about leaving the #ifdef _MSC_VER stuff out for
the logo (as in the attached version)? The #if defines (_WIN32) part should
stay in however. It shows that we even care about fringe operating systems
;)

>Win32-stuff there is good, since it illustrates the portability of

I'd interpret it that way. After all we're talking about #if statements.

>hand, wouldn't we eventually need a little devil there too, then? And
>all kinds of mascots for other kinds of OSes we in the future decide to
>support...

It's by definition impossible to fit all OS logos in one image, so we
shouldn't even try to do it ;)

>Just mentioning it. Perhaps I think too much :)
>
>Basically, even if it isn't obvious from the above, I really like the
>logo. Thanks Scott!

	Christian

PS: Bjarke, Scott AFAIK isn't subscribed to the mailing list, so you should
always CC to him.