noticed the discussion of directions and objectives...

I've noticed the discussion about  the directions and objective of the
project..and I thought i'd thrown in the 2 cents of a somewhat experience
game developer.

I love the idea of a GSDK for linux...the one thing linux has really lacked
in "A directx."
and honestly it needs it badly if anyone ever expects games to be on linux.

Honestly, you guys have a tremendous lack of organization, sorry...it's the
truth. No one knows who is doing what, and now it seems no one knows what
is being done! Get it together! If any of you have any faith in this
project get together...say ok...we're gonna release this working version at
a time.
Set goals for your first release, realistic ones!

Don't say ok, let's implement real-time phong shading in an opengl
conformant api.

it's not gonna happen that way, and you all know it.

Am i saying restrict this form open-source and just let developers on a
"team" work on it?
nope, no way jose`! I can see where some might construe it that way though.

I'm saying get together, have a meeting...get down to buisness and say this
is what we're gonna do, then we'll release it officially and then we're
gonna let people play with it...and after that we'll make new goals, and
improve the old ones.

That's how things like this should work, that (to me) seems how the kernel
development project works, and to me that seems to be the way that has worked.

just my odd train of thought, hope it makes some sense to someone because
it's written exactly how i "thunk" it.

Derek Greene