Re: Miscellanous stuff

> Bjarke Hammersholt Roune schrieb:

> I plan to be a part of the PenguinFile team, if that's possible.

Sure it is. I hereby grant you the status of "PenguinFile developer" ;)

> Anyways, watching PenguinFile, I have a few comments. The first thing
> is about your coding convention, or lack there of...

(first of - I might have missed some of your points, as I had some
problems really following your argumentation...)

Ok.
Coding convention: It exists (see www/PenguinDoc/coding.html in cvs) and
most of the code adheres to it. We conciously made it quite minimal -
strong enough to make the code consistent and weak enough to avoid
harassing the developers.

Hungarian notation: IMHO if your code benefits from this, then you have
a real problem. The type of a variable should be obvious from its
context, and it should never live so long that you lose the point of
declaration out of sight. And it makes coding really cumbersome and core
really look ugly.

> Some people do not realise this, but an API is also an User Interface,

Can you please summarize your point here in one or two short sentences?
I found myself unable to distill it out of the following pages. Do you
mean the PPlay API is inconsistent (you said "watching PenguinFile" - do
you mean PFile in particular or PPlay as a whole?)?

> Now, on some of the teams in PenguinPlay, there are 6-7 people (?).

Unfortunately not. Rather 1-2 developers.

> (perhaps more, perhaps less, I don't know). This means, with the
> current state of affairs, that we will also have 14 different coding
> conventions utilized within the same general area of code. This could

Do you have an example for this inconsistency?

	Christian