Re: Examples of the inconsitency in PenguinPlay

>>Ok.
>>Coding convention: It exists (see www/PenguinDoc/coding.html in cvs) and
>>most of the code adheres to it. We conciously made it quite minimal -
>>strong enough to make the code consistent and weak enough to avoid
>>harassing the developers.

I think I'll have to read the coding convention. One thing I'd like to
note about the file extensions. I've been writing penguinplay targetting
both linux and win32. For this reason I decided to use extensions of
.cpp and .hpp for c++ files. I like to have a different extension for c++
headers
and c headers since then it is obvious what is what. Its also easy to set
up
emacs so that it uses c++-mode when I open a c++ header. MSVC recognises
the .cpp and .hpp extensions but not .cc or .hh.

Does any one know how to stop emacs from putting tabs into the code? I've
been trying to get it to put spaces instead but I haven't been to
successful.

>We can see here that the indentation is done with a single tab for each
>indent. Well, actually, you can't, because my mail program does not seem
>be able to handle tags coming from the clipboard, but in the source, these
>ARE tabs.

Any one want to setup cvs so that when you commit some thing it runs indent
on it? It would also be nice if it fixed the end of the lines. Windows and
unix
differ in the characters they use for the end of the lines.

Peter Burns